Thursday, March 15, 2012

I've lost my Thursday pants.

We're finishing our basement which is where we plan to move our bedroom and where we currently do our laundry. Last weekend we unhooked the washer and dryer (which were ten feet away from each other in the current set up). It had been a long time dream of ours to upgrade these appliances since we'd had them from before we were married twelve years ago.

We've been without a hooked up washer for less than a week, that's how I know my Thursday pants aren't just in a hamper somewhere from last Thursdays adventures.

We nearly went mad price comparison shopping for a washer and dryer at our big box and DIY stores locally and online. Luckily we found a pair of grayish LG Steam washer/dryer and made them ours. Home Depot had an exceptional deal on a clearanced floor model that appear flawless. On our journey to our purchase we had to deal with a slimy HH Gregg guy. I hate those kinds of stores, I hate salesmen, I hate people and worse of all I love stuff which always makes these interactions so unavoidable.

Trying to buy appliances online is a nightmare. We wanted to look online to see what we could buy in the store and at least for washers and dryers the field is too wide on the function list to have any clue what you need/want. Sadly just like when we bought our Mariner it came down to color and one or two features. The feature we decided we couldn't live without was the steam.

Friday in the office is Jean day or Casual-Casual day (as every other day has the misnomer of being Business Casual). All of which are just a rouse to imitate a luxurious reward of comfort under the guise of continued oppression. However Thursday is "push the limits" day, where I wear a forbidden pair of cargo pants. These are more or less green khaki that have had extra pockets sewn on very near the knees. They are not of the absolute verboten variety that are baggy, wringkly, adorned with big floppy pockets, eyelets, drawstrings, elastic cuffs and all manner of fastening mechanisms. And for two years or so these Thursday pants have gone unnoticed by the fashion oppression police. They are my silent rage against the machine. Today, on this thursday, they are missing.

I would hope that they are gone because a wave of anarchy free'd them from their slavery. Worst case scenario my compulsive obsessive chocolate labrador has them held up in whatever hidey hole he keeps his precious fabrics. He humps blankets and pillows but clothing, clothing he protects and hordes with his life. You will lose blood if you come between something that you used to wear and he now considers his. That's a dark tale we can talk about some other time, right now I have to lament the loss of my rebellion.

No comments: