Friday, April 18, 2008

All lies

I’m going to get some flack from Tony about this. 

 

Microsoft (those lying bastards) offers a download on their website that will tell you if your computer can handle a Vista Upgrade.  I followed the instructions and ran the program.  I spent nearly half hour invested in this process which if you can imagine ended in positive results.  The program didn’t see any reason there would be any conflicts or problems with the software I was already running and the possible upgrade to Vista.

 

That was great news.  I went with Keely to IUSB and we bought Vista Ultimate Upgrade for $20.00

 

I spent the next five hours installing it.  Everything was pretty and shiny.

 

About half way through seven items flew up red flags in the installation process.  These items like my printer, the video drivers and some random video editing software (that I already knew would work with Vista but I had somehow let that slip my mind).  There was only thing I could do, push forward.  Continue the installation that I was assured would be faultless by another piece of Microsoft programming.

 

My question then is: Is it a marketing scam or did the first program really scan all devices it said?  My printer was listed as “ok” in the pre-installation evaluation but when I ran the install it was listed as a problem.

 

WTF?

 

Today is day one of using the new OS and I’m still visually pleased with it.

 

No comments: