Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Waiting game?

I had been telling myself even in my last official capacity that all the issues, stress and pressure I was experiencing, was all in my head.  If I could just keep it there without acting out in any fashion worthy of termination or general admission of lacking.  The last thing I want to do is get myself moved off a good job because I’ve told my bosses that I can’t handle it.  So I didn’t kill, beat or threaten anyone as Warehouse Manager.  Not that I was interested in the confrontation of any of those options anyway. 

 

This is a little different but mostly the same.  There is literally no pressure.  I am an observer.  My presence doesn’t affect anything here and I am not directly or indirectly responsible for anything other that watching what people are doing.  I am to learn what they are doing, but in a general sense as I will not be called to do any of these positions when the transfer is complete.

 

This was initiated by two things; their necessity for a change to be made and the knowledge that I wasn’t happy where I was at.  Normally the information that an employee isn’t happy doesn’t weigh to heavy on their minds.  I really don’t know how much that had to do with it at all.  I assume (which is forbidden around the world at this point as I understand it) that it played a minor part. 

 

Why am I stressing?  It doesn’t feel right.  Doing nothing doesn’t feel right.  I’m over simplifying it, I am doing something but I’m afraid it’s not enough.  I’ve always been afraid of an uncertain future.  This limbo between my last position and my new position is about as uncertain as it gets.  When will my training begin, what have I learned so far that will help me and what should I try to learn to get even that more ahead?  How long do I have to wait?  Should I care at all?  Can I make it look like I care, without stressing out by really caring?  This is what they’ve done to me.  I’m mindfuct.

No comments: