Monday, January 1, 2007

Everything was awesome until I woke up

After failing to join the Century Club* due to inviting Joe over to participate, allowing Keely to pour mine without measuring and running short on beer; I awaited New Years in predisposed depression. I was no doubt just getting a jump start on the terrific year to come. I didn't ever want to "join the century club" more than once. Well I mean attempt it more than once. I was going to do it and be done with it. The lesson here is that since I didn't complete my goal I now have the foresight to decline any future attempts. I will not be joining the Century Club.

I had some of the best "homemade" mixed drinks I think I've ever had that night. We too about a cup of Gordon's Vodka and poured it into half a bottle of Sour Apple Schnapps then mixed it equally with Sprite Zero. That was nice. I followed the directions and made a successful pitcher of SeaBreaze (1 part Vodka, 2 parts Grapefruit Juice, 2 parts Cranberry Juice).

Sadly Keely made several unpleasant Bloody Marys. It's not really her fault we've been searching for the best recipe ever since we had a really good one at the JOYCE. We've tried a few mixes but this time Keely thought what about V8 juice. We bought two kinds Hot and regular but they kept coming out too sweet. Next she says she's going to try normal tomato juice.

We had lots of food. I set up a table just for food so we could play games at the dinner table. We had melted down some Krogers brand Queso Blanco and added hamburger meat to it. We served it from a crock pot and had tortilla scoop chips to eat with it. There was a cheese and cracker tray. We had vegetables and ranch dip. Also potato chips, a popcorn tin and various peanuts added to the buffet.

Our entertainment portion of the evening beyond us all for the first time in a long time being pretty smashed was a few board games we've recently added to our collection. We played "Would you rather...," "Balderdash," and "Scene it!" By the time we got to Scene it! Joe had already left. We were so into playing it that we didn't notice that midnight had arrived. We missed the ball dropping, without actually missing it at all.

When I woke up I was in a swearing off alcohol mood. I would at some point between then and noon take four ibupropherens, drink three glasses of water, take a nap and throw up twice. Those things didn't occur in that order but I am pretty sure they occurred in those frequencies. Feeling the way I did, it caught me by surprise when Keely began talking about the next time she was going to make Bloody Marys. It wasn't something I really wanted to think about. At least not at that point in time.

*Century Club - Having drank 100 (1 oz) shots of beer in 100 minutes. Rules vary but the 100's stay constant. So if you wanted to drink it in cups instead of shot etc. it's just got to equal 100 oz in 100 minutes.

No comments: