Monday, March 3, 2008

Conspiracy

My company has an intellectual property agreement. I am scared as hell that having that means if I write a book while I work there they will be entitled to the profits. I was hoping that it only meant if the work was inspired by my job or things I learned while working there they would benefit from it but I'm sure that with the lawyers they can afford, anything can be made to fit that description.

I'm also afraid that if I search the Internet to see if a book title already exists, someone will use that title before I can because everything that is typed into a search engine is saved and queried to such an extent that asking the internet if something exists will only result in the internet creating that thing just to wait to present it to the next person that looks for it.

Of course all of this is completely unfounded because I have been so very far away from productive. I've been raking dog shit. That's only the reason why I haven't been writing today. Each day there is a new reason. Such as over the weekend I was cleaning my house and during the week I was just to tired to do anything but watch tv and mindlessly surf the internet.

I am thankful though that over the last few days I've been having brain storms. One of which I'm afraid to even mention here. It might get stolen. However it is such a vague concept that I haven't really worked out how to play it. I don't where the idea came from, it was a dream I had but prior to that I don't know where I got it.

The idea doesn't have character names yet, but in the dream it was about Tony and I. He (as in real life) had been telling people that he worked for the rail yard. For some reason I was down on my luck more so than usual. Taking pity on me he informed me of a lucrative opportunity that he was avidly participating in. He was a courier. This is where it doesn't make any sense. He took boxes and or envelopes where ever he was told. He was never to inquire what was inside these transactions, time wasn't a huge concern and he was paid handsomely. It doesn't make sense to me because it couldn't be that difficult for these people to just make the drops themselves, not so hard that they would rather pay someone else to do it.

And so my mind started ticking away. It didn't get very far, I had to go to work and that is where all thinking normally stops. Which is why they don't deserve any of my book money if I ever become able to crank one out.

No comments: